Jasmine Dragon Tears is a green tea and is made from the top two leaves and the bud of new season growth (Late March/early April). These delicate leaves are then hand rolled into the small pearls. When you infuse these these pearls in your tea cup, you will see the top two leaves and the bud come to life. In fact you will see some small ‘hairy down’ on the bud of the leaves – this denotes superb quality and very careful and delicate handling.
1. Put 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of Jasmine Dragon Tears for each 7-9 oz/200-260ml of water in the teapot.
2. Pour freshly boiled water over the tea. Steep 3-7 min.
3. Add Milk & Sugar to taste.
ICED TEA: (1L/QT):
1. 6 slightly heaping teaspoons of Jasmine Dragon Tears into a teapot.
2. Pour 315ml boiling water on tea. Steep 5 min.
3. Quarter fill serving pitcher with cold water Pour into pitcher straining the tea.
4. Add ice, top-up with cold water, garnish & sweeten to taste.
The extraordinary flavor of these Jasmine Dragon Tears is due to the time of plucking, manufacture and the fresh spring jasmine blooms. The new season starts in china in late March/early April (dependent on weather patterns) and it is during the first 4 weeks that the best teas are manufactured. Jasmine Dragon Tears are only made from tea plucked in the first 3 weeks of the new season. Coinciding with the new tea growth , the jasmine bushes are in spring bloom. Only the most fragrant blossoms are used (form bushes that are known to produce the most fragrant flowers). These fresh flowers are layered between the tea and before long the intense and uplifting fragrance of the new jasmine blooms is passed on to the tea. An extraordinary taste experience!