This wonderful blend has all the characteristics of the tropical lifestyle loved and promoted by the laid-back singer, Jimmy Buffet. Based on our caffeine-free Rooibos this fruity tea will set the tone for a highly relaxing afternoon. Brew a pot and note how the sweet profile of pineapple melts seamlessly into lingering hints of coconut your mind will literally fill with visions of the tropics. Fantastic served over ice or piping hot, this is a tea worth singing about. From Honolulu with love!
1. Put 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of Pina Colada Rooibos tea for each 7-9 oz/200-260ml of water in the teapot.
2. Pour freshly boiled water over the tea. Steep 3-7 min.
3. Add Milk & Sugar to taste.
ICED TEA: (1L/QT):
1. 6 slightly heaping teaspoons of Pina Colada Rooibos tea into a teapot.
2. Pour 315ml boiling water on tea. Steep 5 min.
3. Quarter fill serving pitcher with cold water Pour into pitcher straining the tea.
4. Add ice, top-up with cold water, garnish & sweeten to taste.
If you like Piña Coladas and getting caught in the rain, then there’s no disputing as to whether or not you’re going to love Hawaiian Colada Rooibos. What is in dispute however is the identity of the creator of the first Piña Colada. A plaque on the wall of the old Barranchina Bar in San Juan Puerto Rico claims it was invented by Don Ramos Portas Mingat in 1963 a claim hotly contested by the management of the nearby Caribe Hilton. Officials at the Hilton insist that it was their bartender Ramon Marreto who first blended strained pineapple, coconut, and sweet rum to create the world’s first Pina Colada. A 200 ml (about 7oz.) of brewed Rooibos contains nutrients such as Iron, essential for the transport of oxygen in the blood, Potassium, Calcium, necessary for strong teeth and bones, Copper, Zinc, necessary for normal growth and development of healthy skin, Magnesium, Fluoride, necessary for strong teeth and bones, Manganese and Sodium, necessary for fluid and acid-base balance.