EASY MATCHA LATTE RECIPE TO TRY AT HOME
When the summer gets warmer and days get longer, you have only one thing in your mind – a frothy green iced matcha latte in a mug with sprinkled matcha powder on top!
What is Matcha?
Matcha is powdered Japanese green tea made of finely milled while green tea leaves. Matcha is a powerful antioxidant form of green tea that has a large number of components that are beneficial to human health.
In Japanese, cha means “tea” and ma means “powder”, so matcha means “powdered green tea”. Since it is made from the entire leaf, the lack of processing results in an extremely high nutrient level and thus the matcha is the healthiest form of tea.
Even if you are following a healthy lifestyle, integrating matcha into your diet can still benefit you in many ways.
Here we are sharing a matcha latte recipe that is extremely delicious yet healthy.
How to make matcha latte
Here is our simple recipe to make delicious and mouth-watering matcha latte.
- 1-2 tsp. of Matcha (green tea) powder
- 1 tbsp. hot water (not boiling water)
- 1 cup milk (cow, almond or soy whichever you prefer)
- 1 tsp. Sugar / simple syrup (optional)
1) Bring fresh spring water to hot. ( Don’t use boil water. The more the water temperature, the bitter matcha will taste.)
2) Get a dry cup and sift 1 tsp. Of matcha tea powder in a cup. Add 1 tbsp. Of hot water and whisk until the powder is all dissolved nicely. Make sure the paste has no lumps.
3) In a small saucepan, add milk and sugar. Heat the milk on medium flame until the sugar gets dissolved and small bubbles start to appear around the edge of the saucepan. Turn off the heat.
4) Froth the milk until it starts to get foamy, about 10-15 seconds with a frother. If you don’t have a frother, you can skip this step.
5) Add the hot foamy milk to the cup and sprinkle some matcha powder on top of it for decoration.
Now sit back and sip your favorite matcha latte slowly and peacefully.