Delicious Chocolate Cookies Recipe
These chocolate cookies are a great on-the-go snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings wherever you are and also best go with afternoon tea. Goji berries are wonderful little fruits, packed with nutrients that will help to fully sustain you.
MAKES 10–12 COOKIES
- ⅓ cup raw cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut oil
- ⅔ cup lucuma powder
- 2 vanilla beans split in half lengthwise and seeds scraped out
- pinch of pink crystal salt
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ½ cup Buckwheaties (see here)
- scant ¼ cup dried goji berries
- 2 tablespoons raw hulled hemp seeds
- 16 fresh dates, pitted and chopped widthwise into 4 pieces
1. Melt the cacao butter gently, together with the coconut oil if it has hardened and turned white, in a bain-marie or dehydrator until runny (see here).
2. Add the melted cacao butter and coconut oil, lucuma powder, vanilla seeds, salt, and cacao powder to a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with the wire whisk.
3. Stir in the Buckwheaties, goji berries, hemp seeds, and dates with a spoon.
4. Spoon the dough into a medium BPA-free plastic container about 1 inch deep. Shake the container from side to side a few times and then bang the bottom firmly down on your counter to help any air bubbles rise to the top. Place in your freezer for 30 minutes or until solid.
5. Turn the container upside down onto a cutting board to release the chocolate and then use a sharp knife to cut it into finger-size pieces. Store these chocolate cookies an airtight glass jar in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Goji berries are particularly high in vitamins B1, B2, and B6, which can help counter the depletion of our B-vitamin stores, which is one of the effects of stress.