BEST MATCHA GREEN TEA CUPCAKES RECIPE – BEST TREAT FOR ANY OCCASION
The delicious and fluffy matcha green tea cupcakes, loaded with antioxidant-rich matcha powder is a divine treat for any occasion. Especially if you are a matcha lover like us, then this matcha cupcake is your go-to recipe for a weekend treat.
What is a good treat? First, it should be delicious and second, it should be easy to make and this recipe for matcha cupcakes is just what you are looking for – delicious and easy!
So what are we waiting for!
Let’s first understand what matcha is and why is so healthy?
What is Matcha?
Matcha is Japanese powdered green tea made of green tea leaves. Matcha is antioxidant-rich green tea is that has a large number of elements that are very beneficial to health.
In Japanese, Ma means “powder” and cha means “tea”, so matcha “powdered green tea”.
Why is Matcha Healthy For You?
Green tea contains a lot of nutrients such as vitamins, flavonoids and catechin, which can promote your health. But it is hard to get all the nutrients when you drink green tea because the tea leaves are usually thrown out after making the tea. Most of the healthy nutrients are in the tea leaves!
On the other hand, Matcha green tea powder is made of finely milled whole green tea leaves and you can absorb all of the nutrients without throwing them away.
Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes Recipe
Servings: Makes 6 cups
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 80g Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 30g Butter
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- Whipped Cream (Sweetened with sugar)
- Reserve half of the matcha green tea powder for the topping. Mix the rest of the matcha green tea powder with flour and baking powder. Leave aside.
- Warm up the milk in a microwave for about 10 seconds and melt the sugar in the warm milk. Leave aside.
- Melt butter in a microwave for about 20 seconds. Leave aside.
- Beat an egg and mix with the reserved green tea mixed flour. Add the milk and butter to the flour. Mix well.
- Pour the filling into cups and bake them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Cooldown the cupcakes at room temperature so the cream topping will not melt when place on top.
- Add the reserved matcha green tea powder with whipped cream and mix to combine. Decorate the cupcake with matcha green tea whipped cream and serve.